Here Is What You Should Know About Birth Control Pill...and why it's not the same as natural progesterone.
1. Synthetic derivatives are not a substitution for real progesterone. Progestin does not have the protective effect against female related cancers that natural progesterone does have.
2. Natural progesterone is a key fat burner and diuretic. It will keep your weight in check by removing water retention in your organism. Synthetic progesterone will not do it.
3. Synthetic progesterone don't have all necessary co-factors to do their job like natural hormone. For example: Synthetic progesterone will regulate a period like natural progesterone but will not aid in weight loss like real progesterone. Instead, it will actually cause fluid retention and weight gain!
4. Synthetic progesterone may give side effects like: acne, breast tenderness and breast enlargement, an increased or decreased sex drive, mood changes, headache and migraine, nausea or vomiting, small fluid-filled sacs (cysts) on your ovaries. Natural progesterone hormones doesn't give these side effects.
5. Synthetic progesterone may cause “insulin resistance” which will always cause weight gain. Natural progesterone does not do it.
6. Synthetic progesterone has the increased risk of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease. Natural progesterone does not.
7. Synthetic hormones may have an impact on intestinal flora (good bacteria) and allow for the overgrowth of Candida yeast.